海外生存英语36计
上QQ阅读APP看书,第一时间看更新

36计之五:海关也不是很麻烦

词汇短语

Danni’s Tips:入境程序

·入境旅客朝Arrival方向前进,过境旅客朝Transit或Transfer方向前进。

·移民局办理入境手续(护照、签证、入境登记表、海关申报表)。

·找到手推车后去提取行李。

·通过海关安检。(注:有的国家要求先提取行李然后再通过移民局和海关)

场景会话

Officer:Good morning.Welcome to America.May I see your passport and your Immigration Form?

早上好,欢迎来美国。我可以看一下您的护照和入境登记表吗?

Passenger:Here you are.

给您。

Officer:What’s the purpose of your visit?

您此行的目的是什么?

Passenger:I have been invited as a visiting scholar to teach Chinese language at the University ofCalifornia at Los Angeles.

我受邀作为访问学者到加利福尼亚大学洛杉矶分校教授汉语。

Officer:How long will you be staying in the U.S.?

您预备在美国待多久?

Passenger:About 3 months.

大约三个月。

Officer:Where will you live?

您逗留期间住在哪儿?

Passenger:In a house provided by the university.Here is my address.

学校提供房子给我。这是地址。

Officer:Well,have a nice stay here.

好的,祝您在美国过得愉快。

Passenger:Thank you.

谢谢。

Dialogue 2:选择海关通道

Passenger:Excuse me,sir.Shall I go through the red passageway or the green passageway?

先生,请问,我应该走红色通道还是绿色通道?

Officer:Do you have anything to declare?

您有申报物品吗?

Passenger:No.

没有

Officer:Please go through the green passageway.

那么请走绿色通道。

Passenger:Thanks.

谢谢。

Officer:You are welcome.

不客气。

Dialogue 3:海关安检

Officer:May I see your passport,visa and customs declaration form,ple ase?

请出示一下您的护照、入境签证和报关单。

Passenger:Yes,here you are.

是的,在这儿。

Officer:How many pieces of baggage do you have?

您有多少件行李?

Passenger:I have 2 pieces of baggage and a carry-on bag.

我有两个托运箱和一个手提包。

Officer:Do you have anything to declare?

您有什么需要申报的物品吗?

Passenger:Nothing but 2 bottles of whisky and a carton of cigarettes.Do I have to declare them?

只有两瓶威士忌酒和一条香烟。需要申报吗?

Officer:No.The law permits you to bring in two bottles of liquor and a carton of cigarettesduty-free.

不必。法律规定可以免税带两瓶酒和一条香烟。

Passenger:That’s fine.

太好了。

Officer:Do you have any meat or plants?

您有携带肉类或植物类的物品吗?

Passenger:No.

没有。

Officer:Please open the suitcase.What’s this in this container?

请您打开手提箱。这里面装的是什么?

Passenger:Personal effects.

个人物品。

Officer:Do you have any gifts or valuable articles?

您还有其他的礼物或是贵重物品吗?

Passenger:I have a camcorder.

我有一台摄像机。

Officer:What’s the value of this camcorder?

这架摄像机值多少钱?

Passenger:It’s about 260 pounds.

大约260英镑。

Officer:Is it brand new?

它是全新的吗?

Passenger:No.I bought it last year.

不是。我去年买的。

Officer:Okay.You’re through with the customs formalities.

好的。您已办完海关手续了。

Passenger:Thank you.

谢谢。